Coal Core Composite Roof Shingles,
the next-generation in roof tiles.
X-TILES™ Coal Core Composite Roof Shingles are made of a proprietary chemical and coal powder. The technology transforms coal without burning it, reducing both carbon emissions and greenhouse gases.
The technology has the power to transform the roofing and coal industries
- Stronger and lighter than current ceramic tiles
- Less expensive and uses significantly less energy to produce than current ceramic tiles
Benefits for end-users
- Fireproof, non-combustible
- Long life (low porosity & water absorption rate)
- Low maintenance
- High tensile and flexural strength
- Great impact resistance and durability
- High wind resistance
- High sound dampening
- Good load distribution (easy integration with solar panels!)
Benefits for contractors
- Easy to install
- Easy to replace single tiles
Benefits for distributors
- Lower shipping costs
- Opportunities for geographic exclusivity
- Low carbon footprint and potential for earning CO2 credits*
- *NASDAQ Commodity Price for Carbon Market (Jan 31, 2019): $22.15 per lot of CO2 (1 lot = 1,000 metric tons). Estimated that 1 ton of X-Mat will offset 2 tons of CO2 annually.
Tests to achieve the Environmental Products Declaration for the Coal Core Composite Roof Shingle are underway.
X-TILES ™Coal Core Composite Roof Shingles do not burn!
Don’t believe us? See for yourself.
To Learn more about
X-TILES™ Coal Core Composite Roof Shingles,
Semplastics, the parent company of X-Materials, is the grant recipient of an SBIR from the United States Department of Energy.
If you are interested in learning more about the company or how to invest in our technology, fill out the form below.